Here's a secret: if I forget my headphones at the gym, it's almost impossible for me to have a good workout! I am highly dependent on music to help me get through a good routine, and unless the gym speakers are blasting tunes that motivate me, I just struggle to give it 110%.
What's really cool is that lately I have completely broadened my horizons in terms of "workout music" and discovered that not all music tempos create the same sort of motivation - and therefore, they don't all create the same output.
Each of the playlists below are entirely unique in genres, and I will share more about how and why each playlist can impact your workout.
I love this genre because most of the time the tempo just makes you feel like dancing, so it can definitely make cardio more fun. Not to mention, the tempo can help keep your beat and push you a bit harder!
1. Miley Cyrus - Malibu (Tiesto remix)
2. Calvin Harris - This is What You Came For
3. Swedish House Mafia - Don't You Worry Child
4. The Chainsmokers - Young
5. Portugal. The Man - Feel it Still
6. The Killers - The Man
7. Rihanna - Disturbia
8. Alesso Vs. One Republic - If I Lose Myself
9. Dirty South & Alesso - City of Dreams
10. Krewella - Alive
One of the best way to let off some steam is to work out, and one way to really amplify how much steam is let off is to pair that workout to some alternative or rock music. On days I'm a bit more stressed or overall just want a deeper push in my workouts, I use this playlist to help me with some major burns. (You can tell by most of the song titles, there's some emotions to be worked out here!)
1. Blink-182 - Obvious
2. Red Jumpsuit Apparatus - Face Down
3. Rise Against - Savior
4. Foo Fighter - Best of You
5. 30 Seconds to Mars - The Kill
6. Fall Out Boy - I Don't Care
7. Angels and Airwaves - The War
8. Incubus - Pardon Me
9. Taking Back Sunday - MakeDamnSure
10. The Used - The Taste of Ink
Before you scoff, hear me out! Obviously worship music is intended to help you feel more connected to Christ and feel the Spirit move within you. While the music itself isn't always the most "upbeat" or tempo driven, the words and purpose can stir incredible emotions within you - similar to meditating! Combine this effect with the natural endorphin release from exercise, and its almost intoxicating! I love performing more medium intensity workouts to worship music, as I feel it gives my mind and soul as much of a workout as my body.
1. Hillsong United - Oceans
2. Shane and Shane - You're Beautiful
3. NEEDTOBREATHE - Testify
4. Shane & Shane - You're Beautiful
5. the young escape - good life
6. Amanda Cook & Bethel Music - You Make Me Brave
7. Hillsong Worship - What a Beautiful Name
8. We Are Messengers - Point to You
9. Elevation Worship - O Come to the Altar
10. Kari Jobe - Speak to Me
Of course, you can always plug into a resource like Pandora or Spotify instead of creating your own playlists, but my hope is that these songs can trigger some new inspiration for your workouts.
Have a favorite playlist? Share it with us in The Legacy Women!